How 20 minutes with your staff can lead to creative solutions and increased engagement?
Stay Interviews are informal one-on-one structured discussions between a supervisor and a team member. It’s designed to provide insight into what keeps employees working for an organization and what aspects need improvement. It is a conversation meant to identify the factors that drive an employee’s individual retention, engagement and morale.
This is good way to get employees to feel part of the decision making of the company, get creative solutions on how they think the company can look at their services , new technologies and tap into the talent apart outside of the strategic level. This virtual world is a great setting for millennials thrive. By engaging staff this way, employers show individual support, empathy and motivate employees to be continue pushing through the pandemic, because now they engaged.
The Benefits of a Stay Interview
- The information from interviews can also help to redefine your human resource strategy going forward.
- Stay Interviews show that you recognize and admire the commitment and contributions of valued employees and that you care about their job satisfaction. Furthermore, the employer can learn from employees their definitive reasons for continuing to work for this organisation.
- These interviews will provide knowledge on how to retain current and valued employees. Managers can engage their teams to work better and increase productivity while still motivating them.
- Stay Interviews can create a trusting employee-employer relationship.
- COVID-19 pandemic has led companies to adopt a work from home approach to ensure the safety of workers. Additionally, staff interaction and activities are less frequent or non-existent. Stay Interviews allows employers to know how staff want to be engaged and that they want to contribute to planning and organizing of such initiatives.
Tip: For new hires, Stay Interviews should be held in the first three to six months. For confirmed employees, it should happen at least once a year.
The saying, “You don’t’ know what you have until it’s gone.”, are very wise words employers should heed. You don’t want to receive a resignation letter from one of your valued employees. Caribbean Resourcing Solutions (CRS) can assist you with this stay interview process.
As your external Human Resource Partner, we will assist you in learning the possible reasons for why your staff stay and why they may possibly leave. Stay Interviews can build trust between employers and employees. Most importantly, the insight gained in these interviews causes changes to be made to support and motivate staff in their work environment which leads to the betterment of the organisation.